Regional poultry meat figures 2009:
- The 29 EastAgri countries produced about 7.2 million tons.
- The 3 largest producers produced 64%: Russia, Turkey, Poland.
- Meat trade was about 2.3 million ton, 78% imports
- Net imports were 1.3 million tons (15% of supply).
- 6 Countries has a positive trade balance: Poland, Turkey, Belarus
- The 3 largest exporters exported 70%: Poland, Turkey, Hungary
- The 3 largest importers imported 67%: Russia, Ukraine, Romania
- Total supply was 8.5 million tons, 10% for stocks and other uses.
- Consumption is 7.6 million tons, 90% of supply.
- The average consumption per capita is 16.3 kg per year (2009).
- Consumption/capita from 23 kg (Lithuania) to 0.8 kg (Mongolia).
- 10 Countries were self-sufficient in production.
Regional egg figures 2009:
- The 29 EastAgri countries produced about 6.2 million tons.
- The 3 largest producers produce 60%: Russia, Ukrain, Turkey
- Egg trade was about 4.1 million ton, 80% imports
- Net exports were 240,000 tons (4% of production).
- Three largest exporters had 70%: Poland, Turkey, Ukraine
- Three largest importers had 44%: Poland, Slovakia, Kazakhstan.
- Total supply was 6.0 million tons, 13% for stocks & other uses.
- Consumption is 5.2 million tons, 87% of supply.
- The average consumption per capita is 11.2 kg (=224 eggs).
- Consumption/capita from 16 kg (Hungary) to 0.6 kg (Mongolia).
- 5 Countries had over 10% production deficit.
Click pie chart for full world production and trade statistics
Poultry, or domestic birds, are raised for their meat and eggs and are an important source of edible animal protein. Poultry meat accounts for more than 30% of global meat consumption, with chickens (accounting for 86% of all poultry raised worldwide) and turkeys being the most common sources of poultry meat. Others include duck, pigeon, geese, and quail meat.
- For full egg production and trade stats in the EastAgri region please click here
- For full poultry production and trade stats in the EastAgri region please click here
- For top 5 import and export trade partners for poultry meat, please click here
Agribusiness Handbook: Poultry Meat & Eggs (2009)
First EBRD loan to poultry producer in Turkey: up to EUR 30 million to Keskinoglu, February 2013IFC Lends to Ukrainian Poultry Producer MHP to Help Firm Expand, Create Jobs, January 2013IFC Helps Kazakh Poultry Business Expand Production, Improve Standards, August 2010IFC Helps Kazakh Poultry Business Expand Production, Improve Standards, September 2010